This course will provide employees and contractors with a basis of information to form good workplace awareness habits and an overall enhanced awareness to impairment in general, with a particular focus on impairment from cannabis use. This course meets the requirements set out in the COAA Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace.
After the completion of this course, you will:
- Understand impairment and how it can affect the workplace
- Learn some common alcohol and drug related terms
- Know the differences in medicinal and recreational cannabis when it comes to impairment
- Understand what awareness means in the context of impairment and work
- Be shown some of the telltale signs of drug and alcohol abuse
- Understand the importance of ensuring driving is always done unimpaired
- Know when driving is considered a work task
- Learn best practices for remaining alert and responding to impairment situations
- Be explained some reporting procedures
- Understand the right to refuse unsafe work
Online Course Duration: 30 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online Cannabis and the Workplace: Impairment Awareness for Employees course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.