This comprehensive course is intended to provide employers, managers, supervisors, and any other professionals directly impacted with a basis for enhanced awareness and response to impairment in general, with a particular focus on impairment from cannabis use. This course meets the requirements set out in the COAA Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace.
After the completion of this course, you will:
- Understand what impairment is, and impairment awareness language
- Be shown details on cannabis, alcohol, and other drugs, and how they can affect users
- Be explained best practices for maintaining high impairment awareness on worksites
- Review information on impaired driving
- Understand how to react to situations of impairment
- Understand the process for documenting reasonable cause and triggering testing
- Know the importance of confidentiality and record-keeping
- Know when and why to test for impairment
- Get some post-incident testing tips and timelines
- Know when and why to use drug testing for reasonable cause
- Understand how testing can happen
- Know who is responsible for testing
- Be reminded of the importance of policy updates and explained which updates should be prioritized
Online Course Duration: 45 Minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online Managing Cannabis and the Workplace: Impairment Awareness for Employers course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.