Training Options: In-Class ($185.00 + HST), Onsite (Call for Pricing)
This course is designed specifically for non-electrical workers who typically use, apply and/or operate electrical equipment in the workplace or work in close proximity to overhead power lines. It will inform you about the associated hazards and risks and explain how to protect yourself from being potentially exposed to electrical shock and arc flash hazards.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Legislative Requirements
- Describe how electricity is produced and distributed
- Identify shock and arc flash electrical hazards
- Understand normal and abnormal conditions of energized electrical equipment
- Summarize your roles and responsibilities
- Apply safe electrical work practices
- Explain emergency response procedures for electrical incidents
This course provides awareness training that is not specific to any region or country, therefore, it is important to familiarize yourself with and follow your employer’s specific policies and practices.
Supervisors, lead hands, workers and health and safety committee members/ representatives who work with or supervise Non-Electrical Workers