ST. THOMAS - APRIL 23
TRAINING OPTIONS: INCLASS ($185.00 + HST), ONSITE (CALL FOR PRICING) AND TRAIN THE TRAINER ($1145.00 + HST)
Elevated Work Platforms or Aerial Lifts are becoming more popular as they offer a safer alternative to workers working from a ladder. Operating these devices safely requires knowledge, skill training, and an understanding of the OHSA.
BEST Safety Training program was created to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely in the environment where the worker will use the equipment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Legislative Requirements
- Operator Qualifications
- Hazards—People, Equipment, Material, and Environment
- Workplace Pre-Use Inspections
- Characteristics of Scissor Lifts and Vertical Mast Lifts
- Characteristics of Articulating and Telescopic Boom Lifts
- Equipment Inspections and Operational Stability
- Fall Protection
- Rescue Planning
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice.
Supervisors, lead hands, elevated work platform operators, health and safety committee members/representatives who work with or supervise Elevated Work Platforms.
This is an 4 hour theory program with a practical evaluation to follow. All workers who will be operating the equipment must perform the practical for each of the devises he or she wishes to be certified on (Scissor, Articulated Boom). Generally a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. When evaluations are required for different types of equipment, a charge of $25/person/per device will apply. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order & annual certification is up-to-date
Operators must have previous experience operating the equipment.