ST. THOMAS - MAY 15
TRAINING OPTIONS: INCLASS ($185.00 + HST), ONSITE (CALL FOR PRICING) AND TRAIN THE TRAINER ($1145.00 + HST)
BEST Safety Trainings program meets the highest recognized safety standard for forklift safety certification, CSA Standard B355/15. Our goal for this course is to have forklift operators be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
By the end of the theory part of the program operator will understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Classes of lift trucks
- Lift truck features and safety equipment
- Pre-operational inspection
- Start-up (mounting and dismounting)
- Stability principles of lift trucks
- Travelling without a load
- Travelling with a load
- Capacity and load charts
- Operating hazards and precautions
- Refueling (propane exchange only) and recharging (battery hazards)
- Shutdown procedures (parking)
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice and operate the lift truck in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, lift truck operators, and health and safety committee members/ representatives.
Additional charges apply if not conducted onsite. Generally a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. When evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order & annual certification is up-to-date
Operators must have previous experience operating the equipment.