BEST Safety Training program meets the highest recognized safety standard for overhead crane, jib crane, fixed crane safety certification. Our goal for this course is to have crane operators be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
By the end of the theory part of the program operator will understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Classes of Cranes
- Pre-operational inspection
- Rigging and slinging appropriate for application
- Moving the load while raised as well as stopping with a load
- Evaluation of what items may weight and tools to help calculate
- Capacity and load charts of lifting devices
- Operating hazards and precautions
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice and inspection and operation of the crane in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, lift truck operators, and health and safety committee members/ representatives.
Additional charges apply if not conducted onsite. Generally a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. When evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order & annual certification is up-to-date