TRAINING OPTIONS: IN-CLASS AND ONSITE (CALL FOR PRICING)
BEST Safety Trainings has developed this course to help guide employers in the set up of traffic control devices in temporary construction, maintenance, and utility work zones. Our goal for this course is to have construction workers aware of workplace hazards as it pertains to traffic. Workers must be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
By the end of the Theory Part of the program operator will understand:
- Identify traffic and other related hazards in temporary work zones
- Identify legislation relevant to temporary work zones and list legislated requirements of traffic protection planning
- Describe the purpose, and composition of traffic protection plans and traffic control plans
- Identify and locate relevant sections of the Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7 – Temporary Conditions Manual
- List the basic steps in planning for temporary work zones
- Identify the component areas of a temporary work zone, and explain the use of appropriate layout tables
- Identify principles and procedures required for the set-up, take-down and maintenance of a temporary work zone
- Develop a traffic control plan for a temporary condition work zone
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, workers who are designing and sitting up temporary layouts in urban or rural roadways under construction. Workers conducting traffic volume surveys, surveyors and other roadside work should follow the Book 7 regulation.
Duration: 6 Hours