We offer Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification (JHSC) training classes at a variety of locations across Ontario, including Burlington, Chatham, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Mississauga, Oakville, Ottawa, Paris, Sarnia, St. Thomas and Windsor.
A Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC) is a committee of at least two people, who represent the workers and the employer at a workplace. Their primary role is to identify workplace health and safety problems and bring them to the attention of the employer. This certification involves training in health and safety law, and the identification, assessment, and control of hazards.
Section 9 of OHSA requires a JHSC at:
- Any workplace that regularly employs 20 or more workers
- Construction projects expected to last three months or longer with 20 or more workers
- Any workplace (other than a construction project) to which a designated substance regulation applies
- Any workplace where an order has been issued under OHSA section 33, dealing with toxic substances
- Any workplace where the Minister of Labour orders one to be established
Workplaces with more than five but less than 20 workers are not usually required to have a JHSC. Instead, workers must select a person from among themselves to be a health and safety representative.
BEST Safety Training & Consulting’s program is delivered over three (3) days within a scholastic environment where participant interaction is encouraged.
In this course, participants will learn:
- How to read and understand the Health & Safety Act and regulations
- What the JHSC is required to do, and its function in the workplace
- To understand and apply workplace health and safety theories and processes
- How to conduct an effective workplace inspection
- How to conduct and complete an accident (incident) investigation, including legal processes and reporting obligations
- How to get Part 2 Certification Training
Management and worker members and representatives who are involved with the JHSC, or workplace health and safety in any capacity can benefit from taking this course.
Three Day Program with Ministry of Labour Test on last day with 75% Minimum to pass.