TRAIN THE TRAINER
The BEST Safety Training Telehandler program satisfies CSA Standard B355-15, the highest standard for lift truck safety in Canada.
By the end of the theory portion of the program, operators will be able to understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Classes of lift trucks
- Lift truck features and safety equipment
- Pre-operational inspection
- Start-up (mounting and dismounting)
- Stability principles of lift trucks
- Travelling without a load
- Travelling with a load
- Capacity and load charts
- Operating hazards and precautions
- Refueling (propane exchange only) and recharging (battery hazards)
- Shutdown procedures (parking)
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice and inspection and operation of the equipment in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, operators, JHSC members and Health and Safety representatives.
Additional charges apply if not conducted onsite. Generally a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. When evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and an annual certification is up-to-date
Operators must have previous experience operating the equipment