FREE JHSC Meeting Agenda Template Included!
Are you unsure whether creating a meeting agenda is a good use of company time? When it comes to Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) meetings, creating a meeting agenda is considered best practice and it sets the tone for a successful and effective meeting before the meeting even starts.
Creating an Agenda is a Must
It’s easy to get bogged down in what’s required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (the Act.). However, creating an agenda is not a requirement. So, why create one at all?
Meeting agendas give attendees a heads up to what will be discussed, and that allows them time to prepare adequately.
Some agendas list time frames for the discussion of each topic. This will keep your meetings flowing and keep digressions from derailing the meeting.
Meeting attendees with a lot to discuss will likely move the meeting at a pace that is conducive to ensuring all topics get tabled.
It may seem simple, but a meeting agenda ensures that attendees get communication ahead of time about where, when, and what time the meeting is being held.
The JHSC Agenda
Most meeting agendas, including JHSC meeting agendas, have commonalities such as:
- List of expected attendees
JHSC agendas have other fixed agenda items that will appear on the meeting agenda for all JHSC meetings. They include:
- A review of last meeting’s minutes
- Unfinished business – This is when you’ll discuss anything still outstanding from the meeting prior.
- Review of workplace inspection results – Any identified hazards should be discussed, and a recommendation made.
- First-aid review – The JHSC will review the first aid log to discuss injury trends if applicable to make recommendations for controls.
- Accident and incident review – Any accidents, incidents, near misses, or injuries will be reviewed to make recommendations to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Implementation review – The JHSC will discuss any new policies or Safe Operating Procedures to determine their effectiveness or if improvements are needed.
It’s a good idea to leave some space on the agenda for new business, concerns that arose from discussion, and general questions and comments.
Get a FREE JHSC Meeting Agenda Template Today!
Best Safety Training is invested in the success of your JHSC. We are offering a free downloadable, fillable JHSC meeting agenda template so that you can increase your JHSC’s efficiency and productivity today! Having an effective JHSC can have a positive impact on your organization’s bottom line!
Best Safety Training Can Help
Best Safety Training is a Chief Prevention Officer (CPO)-approved provider of JHSC training. We offer in-house and on-site JHSC Part One, Part Two, and Refresher training. Let the Best Safety Training company take care of your training needs.
To ask questions about JHSC meeting agendas or how an effective JHSC can benefit your business, contact us online or call 226.777.7385. Visit us 24/7 on the web at bestsafetytraining.ca.