2023 NEW THIS YEAR
Legislative and Regulatory Changes:
- Updates to penalty provisions under the OHSA:
- as of July 1, 2022, the maximum fine for directors or officers of corporations is $1,500,000;
- the maximum fine is $500,000 for all other individuals;
- a list of aggravating factors that courts will consider is included;
- the limitation period for commencing a prosecution is increased from one year to two years.
- Naloxone kits are required in certain high-risk workplaces.
- New requirements for Disconnecting from Work and Electronic Monitoring policies.
- JHSC Training Standards – Five-Year Review.
- Amendments to the Industrial Establishments Regulation, plus Guidelines.
The Regulatory Update Also Includes:
- A review of proposed regulatory changes under consideration including mining, tower cranes, NOP requirements for construction projects, head protection requirements, consultation on OELs and modernization of First Aid Regulations.
- A review of important legislative changes that occurred in 2021 and prior years, including O. Reg. 420/21, which came into force in mid-2021.
- Select case summaries of OH&S prosecutions in 2022, including fines as high as $300,000.
- Discussion of the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workplaces.
- Review of Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MOL) tools to help businesses develop a Workplace Safety Plan.
- A review of work refusals, including the duty to report a work refusal and relevant procedures.
Workplaces covered by the Employment Standards Act must have a copy of the Occupational Health and Safety Act & Regulations posted in the workplace.
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Projects
- Designed Substances
- First Aid Requirements
- Health Care
- Industrial Establishments
- Mines and Mining
- Index: Other Regulations
- Resource Listing
PRE-ORDER THE 2023 OHSA TODAY!
Anticipated ship dates is April 2023