2022 NEW THIS YEAR
Legislative and Regulatory Changes
- A Regulatory Update on the latest OH&S compliance news and regulatory changes.
- Full discussion of new regulation O. Reg. 420/21, Notices and Reports Under Sections 51 to 53.1 of the Act – Fatalities, Critical Injuries, Occupational Illnesses and Other Incidents, which came into force in mid-2021.
- Review of amendments to O. Reg. 851, Industrial Establishments Regulation.
- Review of Alternative Working at Heights Training (in force since January 2021).
- Review of proposed regulatory changes for 2022, including mining, tower cranes, NOP requirements for construction projects, harmonization of head protection requirements, consultation on OELs, and modernization of First Aid Regulations.
- Update on amendments to the OHSA in late 2021, including terminology related to engineers and a new requirement (with some exceptions) for workplace owners to provide access to a washroom to persons making deliveries to or from the workplace.
- Update on a new requirement (via Bill 27, Working for Workers Act, 2021) under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 for employers with 25 or more employees to have a policy (by mid-2022) on the right to disconnect from work.
- Inclusion of the Occupational Safety and Health Day Act, 2021, which came into force in April 2021.
- Select case summaries of OH&S prosecutions in 2021, including fines as high as $325,000
- Discussion of the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workplaces in relation to OH&S.
- Review of MOL tools to help businesses develop a COVID-related workplace safety plan.
- An update on the increased number of OH&S inspectors, partly due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Updates on changes to the JHSC Training Standards in mid-2021, allowing for distance learning.
The commentary has been reviewed, updated and enhanced for the 2022 Edition, including a revised Regulatory Update and Compliance section, OH&S Workplace Inspection Initiatives and Reports, Ticketable Offences and Set Fines, Accident/Incident Reporting, Effective Workplace Inspections, Emergency Procedures, Posting Requirements, Due Diligence Checklist, OH&S Organizations and Resources. The Index and the Table of Contents have been updated and revised.
Workplaces covered by the Employment Standards Act must have a copy of the Occupational Health and Safety Act & Regulations posted in the workplace.
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Projects
- Designed Substances
- First Aid Requirements
- Health Care
- Industrial Establishments
- Mines and Mining
- Index: Other Regulations
- Resource Listing
PRE-ORDER THE 2022 OHSA TODAY!
Anticipated ship dates is April 2022.