TRAIN THE TRAINER
Confined spaces in the workplace pose a significant risk of injury and death. Hazards in confined spaces can result in fire, explosion, unconsciousness, asphyxiation, or drowning. Confined space incidents can happen suddenly, often without any warning. Employers must take the necessary steps to ensure worker safety around confined spaces.
BEST Safety Trainings Confined Space Entry training was created to help people who enter confined spaces meet requirements of the OHSA.
Confined space requirements have been consolidated into one regulation, Ont. Reg. 632/05.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- Legislative Requirements
- Know your duties and responsibilities in performing confined space work
- Recognize the characteristics that define a permit-required confined space
- Understand the types of confined space hazards and why they are potentially harmful
- Know the types of control measures used to ensure a space is safe before and during entry
- Be able to conduct a proper pre-entry assessment and preparation of the confined space
- Understand the necessary procedures for working inside a confined space
- Know what to do in the event of a problem or emergency situation
Supervisors, lead hands, machine operators, anyone who works in or around confined spaces, and JHSC members.
This is a 4-hour program includes a review of confined space entry protocols and fillable forms that can be used to develop plans and understand how your atmospheric testing equipment operates.