ONLINE - INDUSTRIAL
ONLINE - OFFICE
Ergonomics is the science concerned with fitting the job or task to the worker. Applying ergonomic principles in the workplace can reduce fatalities, injuries, and health disorders, as well as improve productivity and quality of work. This program was developed to help workers identify situations that could lead to musculoskeletal disorders (MSD).
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify symptoms and risk factors
- Identify the signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders
- Recognize workplace risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders
- Identify general methods for controlling these risk factors
- Methods of prevention
- Standing and Lifting best practices
- Contact Stress and Hand Tool Use
- Vibration and Other Factors as well as controls for these
Supervisors, lead hands, workers and health and safety committee members/representatives and any workers who help design work spaces.
This is a 3-4 hour theory program that includes a sample ergonomic assessment which can be used in the workplace to identify small adjustments that can make a big difference.