Once trainees successfully complete JHSC Part 1 they are required to complete JHSC training Part 2, which examines hazards specific to the individual's workplace. This involves risk assessment aimed at proper recognition of workplace hazards, followed by effective implementation of hazard controls.
Based on Your Hazard Assessment, the Following Hazard Modules would apply to your Workplace:
- Manual Material Handling
- Slips & Trips
- Violence in the Workplace
- Chemical Hazards
- Psychosocial Hazards
BEST Safety Training & Consulting’s program is delivered over two (2) days within a scholastic environment where participant interaction is encouraged. Course content includes sessions in each of the hazards identified. JHSC Certification is an outcome-based program. By the end of this course, participants must be able to:
- Describe key concepts from JHSC Part I
- Describe the process of hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation
- Apply recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation principles to each hazard module
- Create a draft action plan and recommendations
Management and Worker Representatives involved with the Joint Health and Safety Committee. Managers and supervisors in any capacity.