WEB BASED CLASSROOM
We offer Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Refresher training classes at a variety of locations across Ontario, including Burlington, Chatham, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Mississauga, Oakville, Ottawa, Paris, Sarnia, St. Thomas, Windsor and Woodstock.
BEST Safety Training and Consulting has created this program to remind Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Members of their responsibilities and functions on the JHSC. This Program meets the Chief Prevention Officer's Criteria and also updates legislative changes that have taken place and shares best practices amongst the class.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the rights, duties, and responsibilities of certified members and workplace parties
- Demonstrate the ability to identify hazards, completing Job Hazard Analysis, and make recommendations
- Recognize and apply changes and/or updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and new safety initiatives from the last three years
- Identify methods to evaluate the health of your IRS
- Encourage discussion within the group to expose best practices with other JHSC members and teach techniques to help adopt JHSC best practices for your workplace
JHSC members who were certified after March 1, 2016, Managers, Supervisors, Lead Hands.
This is a 8-hour program approved by the CPO of the Ministry of Labour
- Participants must be able to prove that they have taken the CPO-approved program through a Proof of Training card or other means at the start of class.
- Government approved ID at time of training to verify identity.
Managers, supervisors, lead hands, or other JHSC members who have successfully completed JHSC training Part 1 & 2 are still welcome and can benefit from taking this course. However, individuals who are not JHSC certified will not receive JHSC certification by taking this course.