BEST Safety Training has created this program to remind Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Members of their responsibilities and functions on the JHSC. This Program meets the Chief Prevention Officer's Criteria, to update legislative changes that have taken place and share best practices amongst the class.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the rights, duties, and responsibilities of certified members and workplace parties
- Demonstrate the ability to identify hazards, complete Job Hazard Analysis, and make recommendations
- Recognize and apply changes and/or updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and new safety initiatives from the last three years
- Identify methods to evaluate the health of your IRS
- Encourage discussion within the group to expose best practices with other JHSC members and teach techniques to help adopt JHSC best practices for your workplace
Joint Health and Safety Training Refresher Certification
JHSC Refresher is valid for 3 years
1 Day Course from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Course workbooks and an OH&S Act & Regulations (Green Book) will be mailed to each participant before the course start date
Upon completion, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training. Please allow 1-3 business days to process
Breaks & Lunch
There will be two 10-minute breaks, as well as a 30-minute lunch break
- Participants must be able to prove that they have taken the CPO-approved program through a Proof of Training card or other means at the start of class.
- Government-approved ID at the time of training to verify identity.
Managers, supervisors, lead hands, or other JHSC members who have completed JHSC Training Part 1 & 2 are still welcome and can benefit from taking this course. However, individuals who are not JHSC certified will not receive JHSC certification by taking this course.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY REFRESHER EXPIRES?
Failure to participate in a Refresher Training program within three (3) years of completing Part 2 or a previous refresher course could lead to the CPO revoking your certification. After certification revocation, you must complete certification training again, including JHSC Part 1 and Part 2 courses.
ACCESS YOUR MANDATORY TRAINING RECORDS ONLINE
The Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development has implemented a new Certification Management System (CMS) for all Working at Heights and Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification training records.
After completing training, learners will receive an email notification from the Ministry that their account is ready to be set up. The email will include a hyperlink to the Ministry’s Certification Management System and further instructions on how to set up your account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Certification Management System is available to users to access their Chief Prevention Officer approved training records. Only learners will be able to access and update their information. If you have any questions regarding training requirements or need assistance with setting up an account in the CMS, please contact the Ministry at:
Phone - 1-877-202-0008
Email - JHSC.InquiryLine@ontario.ca