TRAIN THE TRAINER
Lockout Tagout (LOTO) in the workplace pose a significant risk of downtime and possible injury in workplaces when performing maintenance and service work in and around equipment. Improper LOTO results in injuries that can be avoided. LOTO incidents happen suddenly, often without any warning that something is wrong. Employers must take the necessary steps to ensure worker safety around equipment being serviced or maintained. BEST Safety Trainings LOTO training was created to help people who work with equipment understand what energy sources are in the equipment and how to isolate it so it can not harm them.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- Legislative Requirements
- Know your duties and responsibilities in performing LOTO
- Lock-out/Tag-out definitions
- Factors to consider when locking out equipment (RACE process)
- Lockout procedures
- Preparation for Lock-out/Tag-out
- Machine or equipment shutdown and isolation
- Application of Lock-out/Tag-out
- Verification of isolation
- Lock-out/Tag-out interruption
- Release from Lock-out/Tag-out
- CSA Standard Z460 Control of hazardous energy – Lockout and other methods
Supervisors, lead hands, machine operators, anyone who participates in lockout/tagout, and JHSC members.
This is a 3-4 hour theory program with a review of LOTO Procedure.