TRAIN THE TRAINER
This BEST Safety Training program meets the highest recognized safety standard for overhead crane, jib crane, and fixed crane safety certification.
By the end of the theory portion of the program, the operator will be able to understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Classes of Cranes
- Pre-operational inspection
- Rigging and slinging appropriate for application
- Moving the load while raised as well as stopping with a load
- Evaluation of what items may weigh and tools to help calculate
- Capacity and load charts of lifting devices
- Operating hazards and precautions
Following the theory part of the program, there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of a facilitator observing the trainee and testing their abilities to put the theory into practice, inspection, and operation of the crane in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, lift truck operators, and health and safety committee members/representatives.
Additional charges apply if not conducted onsite. Generally, a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. When evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which they will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and annual certification is up-to-date