Propane CH-02 training is mandatory for anyone connecting, activating or disconnecting propane devices (400,000 BTUs or less). As many employees will tell you they understand propane and know how to connect cylinders to heaters and torches, what they may not know are the legal details surrounding propane use at the job site.
By the end of the theory portion of the program operators will understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Explain the different characteristics of propane
- Identify cylinder properties
- Pre-operational inspection
- Explain the legal requirements for propane training
- Demonstrate proper set-up procedures for construction heaters and torches
- Demonstrate proper handling procedures for propane cylinders
- Recall safety features on propane cylinders
- Perform a hands-on evaluation
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing their abilities to put the theory into practice.
Supervisors, lead hands, machine operators, anyone who works in or around construction heaters or torch propane and JHSC members.
Best Safety Training is a registered TSSA training provider. Training Provider Accreditation No. 000308199
Duration: 4 hours