Hazards exist in every workplace, but how do you know which ones have the most potential to harm workers? By identifying hazards at your workplace, you will be better prepared to control or eliminate them and prevent accidents, injuries, property damage and downtime. After all, you can’t fix problems you don't know about.
Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling and then Evaluating (RACE) is the method that will be taught through this interactive training program.
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Legislation supporting the need for competent rack inspections to be completed.
- Inspection of Industrial racking using CSA guidelines to determine condition.
- Recognizing general rack hazards.
- Key elements to inspect during inspection.
- Recognizing damage and using the standard to determine if the damage is repairable or not.
- Understanding of when a Pre-Start Health and Safety Review is required under section 7 of Regulation 851.
- Racking inspection in your workplace is preferred but a simulated inspection can also be completed.
Managers, Supervisors, lead hands, maintenance workers and health and safety committee members/ representatives and any workers who is involved in job planning.
This is a 3-4 hour theory program with sample risk assessments in the workplace to identify small adjustments that can make a big difference.