TRAINING OPTIONS: IN-CLASS ($185.00 + HST), ONSITE (CALL FOR PRICING)
BEST safety Trainings program meets the highest recognized safety standard for Skid Steer operations. Our goal for this course is to have operators be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
By the end of the Theory Part of the program operator will understand:
- Relevant legislation
- Classes of lift trucks
- Equipment features and safety equipment
- Pre-operational inspection
- Start-up (mounting and dismounting)
- Stability principles of skid steers
- Travelling without a load
- Travelling with a load
- Capacity and load charts
- Operating hazards and precautions
- Shutdown procedures (parking)
Following the theory part of the program there will be a practical evaluation completed. This consists of observing the trainee and testing his abilities to put the theory into practice and operate the equipment in a competent manner.
Supervisors, lead hands, operators, and health and safety committee members/ representatives.
Additional charges apply if not conducted onsite. Generally a $75/person charge applies for each evaluation dependent on location. BEST Safety Training recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must have some practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order & annual maintenance is up-to-date