TRAINING OPTIONS: IN-CLASS AND ONSITE (CALL FOR PRICING)
Stilts were banned in Ontario for about 40 years and in 2009 an amendment to the construction regulations has allowed them once again.
BEST Safety Training has put together this training program to ensure workers operating stilts have the required documents to support training required by Regulation 213 Construction Projects Section 116 sub section 10.
By the end of the program students will understand:
- Explain the legislative rules governing stilts
- Identify safety requirements when setting up to use stilts
- Identify hazards in and around the workplace
- Identify precautions, protective measures, and the types of guard rail systems required when operating stilts
- Explain proper inspection of stilts
- Explain limitations of stilts and maximum heights allowed in Ontario
- Demonstrate how to put on secure and operate stilts
- Demonstrate how to take off stilts and store them appropriately
Workers working on stilts in residential construction work, supervisors lead hands and Managers of construction sites using stilts.