Our CPO-approved JHSC certification course provides participants with a solid foundation of health and safety knowledge on which they’ll be able to build. BEST Safety Training’s course includes all of the key health and safety principles members need to become proactive contributors to the workplace safety program.
Participants will learn:
- How to read and understand the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- How the JHSC functions in the workplace
- The requirements of the JHSC and its individual members
- How health and safety theories and practices apply to real-work scenarios
- How to conduct an effective workplace inspection
- How to conduct and complete an accident (incident) investigation, including legal processes and reporting obligations
- Hazard assessment, recognition, control, and evaluation (RACE)
BEST Safety Training’s JHSC certification course includes everything participants need to be effective, efficient, and confident JHSC members and make a positive impact in the workplace.
Is JHSC Training Mandatory?
Yes. The Occupational Health and Safety Act (the Act) states that all organizations with 20+ employees must have a JHSC in place and that at least one worker member and one management member must be certified through an approved JHSC certification course. The Act outlines minimum requirements; however, it is best practice to train all members of the JHSC.
What is the JHSC Certification Process?
1. Successfully complete a three-day JHSC Part 1 training course.
2. Complete JHSC Part 2 training within 12 months of finishing Part 1. This is a two-day, hazard-specific, course.
3. Complete a one-day JHSC Refresher course every three years.
Why Train with BEST Safety Training and Consulting?
BEST Safety Training’s priority is your safety. To keep you safe and to comply with government regulations, we now offer JHSC training in a virtual classroom. You’ll still get all of the same instruction, and you can participate in training from the comfort and safety of your home or office.
We offer many convenient ways to enrol. Contact us today to learn more.
BEST Safety Training will continue to support your safety endeavours long after the course is finished. We offer helpful resources, training, consulting, and general support to all of our clients. JHSC members can also sign up for our newsletter to receive:
- Free templates
- Helpful tips
- Legislative updates
- Links to our popular blog that’s full of ideas and additional resources
- Advance notice of discounted training, promotions, and sales
- And more!